Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
toasted wheat germ, for topping
butter or jelly or honey or peanut butter, for spreading.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together first 6 ingredients, mixing well while making a well in the center of the mixture.
3. In another bowl, mix brown sugar and peanut butter with mixer on medium speed setting until fluffy.
4. Add egg and beat well.
5. Now add the flour mixture to the beaten mixture; at the same time slowly add the milk and beat until well blended.
6. Grease a muffin pan or line the pan cups with paper bakin cups; sprinkle some wheat germ to cat the cups.
7. Spoon batter into the cups, filling it about 3/4 of the way full.
8. Top with additional sprinkled wheat germ and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
9. Remove from pan; serve warm immediately or cover with foil and/or store in air tight container until serving.
10. To reheat: place in microwave on high for 8 seconds.
(originally posted by Tammy)